Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Help! Should I get Elizabeth??

  1. #1
    TitanicLover15
    Guest TitanicLover15's Avatar

    Angry

    I only have Josefina, now before everyone starts laughing that I only have one doll, let me explain why: I feel that if I have more then one doll they will not all mean the same to me, and I will have favorites so I went with just Josefina. But now that I see Elizabeth I REALLY want her but I don't wana forget Josefina, I have had her for 8 years! What should I do? Oh my mom and dad said it was ok to get her but I am still thinking about it.....

  2. #2
    Inactive Member cami713's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    1,375
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have 5 dolls (will be 6 after Elizabeth), and I love them all. I think it's easy to be fond of all your dolls, no matter how many you have! As long as you don't start feeling overwhelmed or taking it all for granted, you're fine.

    It's totally up to you, of course, but I think if you've been happy with Josefina for 8 years, you certainly aren't going to like her any less just because you get a second doll [img]smile.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Ashley1972
    Guest Ashley1972's Avatar

    Post

    Each time I get a new doll I take my time getting aqainted with her. Then I kinda go through phases with who is my favorite. Like right now Sam is my favorite and she gets more attention. Last month it was Molly. Josefina might like the company when you are gone. Don't worry about replacing your love for her. New things always get the most attention at first and they are only new for a short while. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner Kaileyfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2005
    Posts
    1,752
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I felt the same way you did Ashley. I felt like if I had to many dolls each one wouldn't mean the same to me. When I got my secong doll I said that it is alright if I get new ones, because I love them all. I am thankful that I even have any American Girl dolls, because most other Girls my age don't have any. I love each doll the same. No doll means more to me than the other.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member vew-tori's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,258
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Why would anyone laugh? Having one really special doll is great IMO. That was my original intention for DD but once I found this board that all changed - LOL.

    Anyway back to your question. Only you can decide if Elizabeth is right for you. I think Josefina will always hold a special place for you. Another doll will never change that. If you want her go for it.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ July 30, 2005 09:07 PM: Message edited by: vew-tori ]</font>

  6. #6
    Inactive Member lscogbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2005
    Posts
    713
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think it would be like having more than one child. You will love them all.

  7. #7
    TitanicLover15
    Guest TitanicLover15's Avatar

    Post

    i know, even though i am an only child if my parents could have any more kids (i am quite the handfull [img]wink.gif[/img] i know they would love me the same. so ya i prob will get her

  8. #8
    Dancin'4'AG
    Guest Dancin'4'AG's Avatar

    Post

    It just depends on you.And how YOU feel.I say go for it cause you'll for sure love Elizabeth and Josie would probably love to have a colonial dolly pal! [img]wink.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member auri's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2004
    Posts
    543
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Having one doll is really special and I can see why you'd think twice about adding another. But if you really like Elizabeth, wouldn't she make a terrific friend for Josefina? I think it would be great imagining circumstances in which they might meet (allowing for the time difference, of course).

  10. #10
    Inactive Member jennifermarym's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2005
    Posts
    191
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I now have 6 dolls *smiles*, but I have had my Samantha for about 15 years now. I love her more than any of my other dolls, your first doll is the most important and the most loved in my opinion. The others aren't going to take her place. If you can afford her, then get Elizabeth. You can always keep her for your own little girl one day if you don't bond with her now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •